Attacked- My tree house story

Crash! Scream! Emily looks around worriedly but all she can see was dense trees and thick white snow. As Emily takes a deep breath in, she starts to run, her feet thud on the ground and sink into the cold wet snow. Emily starts breathing quickly and running faster. She has no idea where she’s going all she knows is her mother told her to run hard and fast into the forest until she’s safe. Emily could hear her heart pounding in her ears; she could hear every breath she took and every step. She stopped and looked around but all she could see was, white wet, glimmering forest. Emily was cold and scared but didn’t know what to do or where to go, she was lost. She looked around again more frantically this time and something caught her eye in the glimmering white snow. It was small but big enough to take shelter in, so she ran. It was a good five meters away but she made it heart pounding and her feet cold and wet. As she looked up to this tiny little house in the middle of the forest with a wooden stair case leading up to it, and it’s dark oak wood frame falling apart looking like it’s had better days, she cautiously put her hand on the rough splintery wood railing and took a step. As Emily looks up, it looks like it will take her the rest of the night to get up the stairs, but once she starts, she doesn’t stop and sooner or later she gets to the door. Emily feels as though she has to knock even though she doesn’t think anyone lives there. She pulls her shaking hand up and gives two sharp knocks and when there’s no answer she knocks a third time and opens the door….

Emily looks around astonished and opened mouthed. In front of her was the biggest and might have been the most beautiful once. All around her were broken old fashioned lights dusty floors and tables and right in the center was what could have been the most beautiful out of all of it. A chandelier. It was made out of diamonds and gold that was pieced together so perfectly. She took another step and another and as she did she heard her feet echo on the dusty marble floor. As she looked around in aww at the size and once beauty she heard a deep strong voice echo around the room, and the she saw a figure. Emily could make out that he was quite tall and was wearing a tweed suite, bow tie, and suspenders as well as slick back hair and as he spoke, he spoke in a curious voice…

“Who are you? And why are you here?”

“Well s-sir, I’m on the-the run…”

“From what?”

“Umm I’m not quite sure…”

“How can you not know?!”

“Just because ok! Can you just help me please?”

“Ugh, do I have to?!”The man said with a deep sigh.

“Well… no but if you don’t I’m leaving” Emily said triumphantly and with that Emily stomped back across the room and as she went to slam the door the man spoke again.

“I – I’ll help you” the man said reluctantly.

Emily started to scream. “OMG!!! REALLY, REALLY, REALLY?!?!” she ran across the dirty floor to give the man a hug and watched as his handsome defined face went from completely calm to absolutely horrified. As the man stood their rigid Emily remembered her family and how much she missed her mother, father and her older brother Nick.

The man led Emily through a maze of old dusty corridors filled with old broken lamps dusty paintings and dirty little tables. They eventually came to a set of big oak doors with little brass handles and intricate carvings in the doors as well as it painted a shade of gold. The man reaches into his pocket that seems to go forever and pulls out the biggest key Emily has ever seen, covered in dust and as it slides into the door she hears a click and a cloud of dust as the man opens the door and says:

“You’ll be sleeping here tonight and in the morning we will go find your family”

Emily nods then looks around and takes in the old room full of the most beautiful things she has ever seen and as she looks around her mind starts to imagine what it first looked like clean and glimmering. In front of her is a beautiful old fashioned four poster bed in the middle of the room. To the side is a massive oak wood wardrobe that looks like it could lead to Narnia and across from it a big white wood dressing table filled with little trinkets, handmade most of them and painted the most amazing colour but everything in this room suddenly goes back to being old faded and dusty. As Emily walks in the man turns to go and Emily quickly says:

“Um excuse me sir what’s your name?”

“Doctor. Lucas Parker” and with that he turned and walked out of the room.

Emily woke the next morning to the sound of movement, eyes glazed over, crumpled cloths and a dirty face. As she shuffled along the corridors towards the sound she started to wonder what happened to her family? Where they were, are they alright? Who attacked them that night? What attacked them? Will she see them again? A million thought were buzzing through her head all at once but were soon cut short by the doctor saying:

“Ah good morning Emily how did you sleep?”

“How did you know my na-“

“I know everything. Bacon?”

“Do you know what happened to my family?!”

“Well when I said everything I meant almost everything”

“Oh ok”

Emily looks down disappointed but as the Doctor kept on talking and explaining what they were going to do and how they are going to find her family she brightened up.

After breakfast the Doctor gave Emily some warmer new cloths and led her outside. In daylight, the cold wet forest didn’t seem so cold and wet any more it felt more calm and beautiful.  The Doctor and Emily drudge through the snow with their faces freezing off and feet aching and cold. After a long drudge through the snow and a lot of chatting they finally came across the once beautiful cottage. Emily stood rigid and shaking looking at what once was her home and is now just a pile of ashes and rubble as Emily started to cry the Doctor started to look around the ashes when he stopped and spoke sternly and forcefully:

“Emily don’t come any closer”

“W-w-why?”

“I don’t want you to see this!” And with that Emily took a shaky step fell to the ground and started to scream because what she saw was her mother dead on the ground eyes closed surrounded in blood bullet in her head……

Thanks for reading guys, hope you enjoyed it!

1 Comment on Attacked- My tree house story

1. ilmac
    August 31, 2015 at 9:57 am (2 years ago)

nice job
    from neddy